Saturday 16 April 2011

Wee Willie WInkie

Two nights back I decided to put both my kids to bed earlier than usual. Not that they go to bed late; usually they re in bed by 9 pm, but I needed to finish up a few things and wanted them out of the way (as evil as it may sound). So by 7:30 they were done with dinner and by 8 all done with their night time rituals snuggled up in bed. I was however surprised at zero resistance by my younger one who s 9 and tries to stay up for as long as possible which is usually 9:30 max. (poor kid can’t manage to stay awake past that as much as he hates it). Five minutes later when I went to check on them, Raamiz, my son was scribbling away something quickly on an A-4 size sheet of paper (which he uses at record speed). I know I’m sort of drifting off the topic but seriously, no matter how many stacks we get, they are finished in no time because he chooses to communicate through writing; such as ‘mama can I watch TV?’ Everything that he feels might get him into trouble or I might say no to, he writes. Sometimes he would quickly drag two lines (again on an A-4 size sheet; he probably thinks his father manufactures them and we get them for free) that would say ‘mama can I play on the Wii? Answer yes or no and I love you’; and a small hand would slide that under my door. Now what do you say to that?
    Okay so I was saying that he was writing something that he hid under his pillow and quickly shut his eyes tight pretending to be fast asleep. Later when he actually fell asleep, out of curiosity I  put my hand under his pillow to see what he had written and stood there speechless. This is what he had written “ Dear Wee Willie Winkie, I am very sorry that I slept 5 minutes late. I hope you still come. It means a lot to me. Raamiz”.  Experiencing the joys, the sorrows, the bitter truths, the harsh realities, the struggles and everything else that life brings your way; a small act of innocence like this is like a breath of fresh air and you cant help but thank God for the miracles called children.
   

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. Great Article! By the way, If u have time, drop by my painting blog. Thanks!.. .daniel

    ReplyDelete