Thursday 22 October 2015

Evanescence

I place my elbows on the table and prop my forehead in the palms of my hands; the warmth emanating from my skin merges with that of my palms. I close my eyes and wait for the moments to slow down gradually till they come to a standstill, and I heave a sigh.
Once again I find myself transported to the land where dark silhouettes wait with open arms, ready to possess me. Once again, I fall prey to their promise to take me in, to grant me a life that swirls around in the ghoulish corridors of a place unbeknown to many. I let myself drift with them, moving towards the dreariness that marks their land, now my own. I float in the air, almost weightless, feeling further and further away from where my feet could touch the ground. The atmosphere is thick with mystery waiting to unfold but only when I am ready to submerge myself in its dark, dismal clouds. 
But I am! I AM! 
Take me in, for I have left behind the facades that I held in place for what now seems like hundreds of years. I'm ready to let go. I'm ready to let your still unfamiliar to me deathliness, to engulf me like a mother would take her newborn in her arms, with love and care unmatched. Seep in through every pore of my skin till you and I become one, never to be apart again. 
I'm closer now; I can feel a bristly caress on my skin; I can hear the hoarse whispers, inviting me to your world. Is it you? Come forth, show me the ghastly murks that mark your land. I have braced myself to be far apart from the world that witnessed my birth, and the world that tore me apart.  
Hold me tight, never to let go, for I want nothing more than to be a faded shadow of yesterday. 
This world of mortals would never understand; to evanesce, is to live!!!

2 comments: