Saturday 17 October 2015

Embrace Me O Lord of Shadows!

The willful dance of death, its shadows moving rhythmically to the beat of my almost silent heart, continues towards the urging dark of the tunnel. The ferocious tentacles of silence closing in to grasp me with a force unbeknown to me. I heave a sigh and let my body go limp, giving up the hope of ever being able to gather the shattered pieces of my soul; hundreds of them, fragmented, scattered all around what is left of me.

The sky is turning a strange colour, dark, with a tinge of orange; the trees swaying, dancing in perfect harmony with the dark cloud approaching me. The hollow sound of laughter dies within at the warmth of the demon's breath on the nape of my neck, moving slowly down my spine, leaving behind a trail of tingling sensations.

I turn around one last time, my eyes woefully trying to absorb the last ray of light forming a thin streak. I try to reach out in hope of being pulled out and engulfed in gentle, warm embrace; but the demons surrounding me laugh and hasten their pace towards me.

I stand alone, arms by my side, head bent, tearing up at the sight of the diminishing light. And I wait... I wait quietly for the shadows to tire from their wild dance and lace their skeletal fingers encircling me till they come suffocatingly close; and I finally embrace the shadows! We are one, the shadows and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment