Tuesday 20 October 2015

Walk with me, just walk with me...

Rip apart the dreams that once traced the contours of my soul,
Rip apart the chords that held together the lies and truth yet untold.
Walk with me in the still of the night, laced with cries of death,
Don't turn back! The shrieks you hear are nothing but the demon's breath.
Just walk with me, oh walk with me, on a path that leads nowhere,
Merge your soul with the enchanting song that forms my cloud of despair.

I tread carefully on the path that turns into a narrow strip further down till my eyes can see it; tiptoeing, holding my breath. I feel the eeriness of the night around me swaying wildly to the tune emerging from nowhere. One step, two steps... I move forward slowly. The air heavy with a sinister dullness seems to be almost still all but for the occasional croaking of an old toad left behind, separated from his friends. I look up towards the sky and pause for a moment at the ghostly face of the silent moon, melancholic and lost in its own shadow.
The temptation to turn back is strong; strong enough to make me wonder why I ever changed the path. But the sound of the soulful music from a land far away continues to tug at the strings of my heart. What am I to do? Turn back and trade my soul for momentary delights? Or continue to move towards the grieving cloud far away that stands steadily and still to take me in its warm embrace?
The sound of laughter makes one last effort to lure me into turning back; my feet are glued to the ground; I can neither move forward nor turn back...
But when I do, whichever path I may take, walk with me, just walk with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment