Thursday 20 October 2011

The winner in me...

Some days are just more eventful than others. Too much happens at the same time, so much so that your mind starts whirling and you feel like a tornado has hit you. You wince, you cringe, you puff and pant, trying to get out of it; trying to make some sense out of the insanity that the day has brought. And by the time the day is about to end, it suddenly dawns upon you...God brings upon you only as much as you can bear. Now what happens if you are the sort who can take a litttle more than others. Do you really want to be told repeatedly by others how patient you are, or how strong you are? The answer is simple, NO! You would rather be one of those high-strung nervous wrecks who cry at the slightest things. But fortunately or unfortunately you might not be. Everyone has different degrees of patience and a different threshold of pain. But one thing I know is true for everyone. We all move on...how soon, again depends on the individual.
Now what events bring so much hurt that you stop in your tracks for a while and feel as if you are about to collapse? Death of a dear one? A failed marriage? A break-up? A very sick child? A major financial loss? Or a combination of almost all of these? If you go through at least three of these in the same day and are still able to talk, eat and carry on to a certain extent, then you are a survivor.
I, for one, take pride in the fact that I can pull myself together faster than most people, men and women both; not because I'm heartless, but because I love life, and I don't want to spend more than a day mourning anything. I might be mourning for weeks or months deep down, but I would put on a brave front and face the world the very next day. I hope I'm able to do so in future also everytime God decides to test me, and if I do manage to get through it with some grace, I'll consider myself a winner once again.
May God give us all strength, courage and peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment