Wednesday 12 October 2011

My world...

Index finger and thumb together, eyes shut, lotus posture, a calm expression on the face; but that's what one can see on the surface. Inside the mind, is another world, a better world. This is what I do everyday, this is how I have conditioned my mind, body and soul to be at peace. Just the way we carve out a life for ourselves and often for our families, I have carved out my 'happy place'. I take my position and am immediately transported to another world, where I can hear sweet melodies, birds chirping, the soothing sound of water nearby, the chants, the ripples, the bells; soft breeze against my face, gently playing with my hair; lush green trees, and the sense of elation...Oh! What a wonderful feeling...sigh...
It's as if nothing exists but peace and tranquility. Before I know I am floating in the air, light as a feather, the calm around me now merging with my mind and body. The soft music penetrating my heart softly, gently. The serenity deepens and I feel oblivious to everything; the pain, the hurt, the disappointments, the harshness and brutality around. So gentle is the breeze that I can barely tell it's there, yet I can feel it casting its cool spell on me. I want to stay there forever and never come back but I have to. I have to come back to the real world, my world. But you know what, even as I come back, I can feel it surrounding me, making the world seem livable or to a certain extent even a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment