Monday 24 October 2011

My Music

I sit quietly, listening to Adele's haunting voice, her words touching my heart and making me sink deeper in a strange mood...neither sad nor melancholic, just a very sombre, deep existence. Music does affect your moods, at least it does mine. Or perhaps we choose music according to our particualr feelings at that moment; like when I was younger I used to love listening to really happy songs on chaand raat while preparing for eid the next day; or when it would rain, I liked to listen to Lata singing 'sawan kay geet'. But generally I like country music and a little bit of jazz. Not to forget that I enjoy all these young and upcoming, brilliant singers who leave me dumb-founded with their talent and their magical voices. Adele has become one of my favourites...her voice transports me to another world and somehow it always has a different effect on me each time I hear her sing. Another one of my all-time favourites is Brad Paisley. It's the earnestness in his voice more than anything else that draws me to his music. I think I'll just share some of my favourite music today. You will see different genres, from metal to country rock to jazz, but I'm sure you will enjoy it. One or two music videos might be a little inappropriate for any young members so parental guidance is advised.






No comments:

Post a Comment