Thursday 12 May 2011

Introducing Pata ...

So you all thought we were a family of four, right? Wrong!!! Introducing Pata...

(Check out Raamiz's penguin collection. Pata is the big, black one)

Pata joined our family last June and immediately took over. Teddy Twinkle had to take a back seat and was not too pleased with the way things were shaping up. All of a sudden everything was about Pata. He was studying with Raamiz, going to Pata school (a school for penguins), joining us for lunch and dinner and getting his own blanket at bedtime.
Every time somebody objected to a stuffed penguin tagging along everywhere, Raamiz would throw a hissy fit, insisting that Pata was a real person. Eventually we all accepted him as a very important member of the family. Till one day...


Now it was my turn to throw a hysterical fit. Not in a million years was I going to buy a thousand rupee birthday present for a stuffed toy!!! I had already bought munchkins for his fake birthday so I turned a deaf ear to all that Raamiz had to say. Goes without saying that I have not been forgiven for my unimaginable sin to this day but I can bear it. I'm a strong woman. I can live with it but I'm not willing to part with my one thousand rupees for a silly penguin that's not even real!

No comments:

Post a Comment