Monday 30 April 2012

Buried Dreams...

We humans are a strange breed. We tend to fill our lives with things that don't matter and continue to look away when we come across something that might actually be meaningful. The fears, apprehensions, our own limitations, keep us from reaching forth and grasping the moment. But sometimes we stumble upon something that we can't let go of; knowing it might be the one chance of doing something that might actually satisfy the wandering soul within. What should one do then? Put everything aside and take it on or close our eyes and walk away?
     I have an old, dusty trunk somewhere; the wood has lost the lustre it once had and gives out this musty smell when you go near it. I have hidden it in a deep, dark corner where nobody would be able to find it. Years ago, I folded my dreams, aspirations, desires of making a difference, of love and a part of myself, all in a bundle and hid it in the trunk. I had almost forgotten what all it holds till someone saw it in my eyes.. yes! the key to that trunk was in my eyes and my heart and my mind. It was quite a maze to go through to be able find it. As much as I wanted to prevent it from happening, it still did. The trunk has been found, the dust blown away, the bundle painstakingly untied and freed from the strings of caution and apprehensions and efforts being put in to restore and preserve its contents. I haven't given up; I'm still trying to lock everything back in the trunk, away from glaring eyes and probing minds but I have a feeling that I might not succeed this time because as far as persistence is concerned, I might have met my match. I just might go ahead and actually do something about things I always cared about. I just might manage to make a difference...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment